According to a new CareerBuilder survey, 28% of us have used a fake excuse to call in sick to work this year. And 31% of bosses say they've tried to CATCH employees faking it. 15% say they've even driven by someone's HOUSE before.
Here are the eight weirdest excuses employers have heard so far this year. Some of them sound TOO weird to be fake.
1. "I just put a casserole in the oven."
2. "My legs fell asleep in the bathroom. Then I stood up, fell, and broke my ankle."
3. "I was at a casino all weekend, and still have money left to play with."
4. "I woke up in a good mood and don't want to ruin it."
5. "I hooked up with someone at their place last night, and I don't know where I am."
6. "I got stuck in the blood pressure machine at the grocery store."
7. "I tried to dry my uniform in the microwave, and it caught fire."
8. "I accidentally got on a plane."