At 12:16 PM on October 5th, the Campbell County Fire Departent responded to 40 Daisy Street for a structure fire. Upon arrival CCFD found a 30’ X 50’ garage with fire burning on the inside and the homeowners attempting to extinguish the fire. CCFD directly attacked the flames and brought the fire under control in approximately 30 minutes. The fire totally destroyed a pick-up truck parked inside and heavily damaged another along with various contents and portions of the building.
Total damaged is estimated at $35,000. The fire was caused by gasoline fumes that were ignited by a nearby pellet stove while gas was being siphoned from one of the trucks to a jerry can.