You Give A Mouse A Cookie & Other Story Books is brought to life by Theatreworks USA’s musical revue based on seven popular children’s literature stories. Performed by a multi-racial cast, the stories represent various issues, themes and ideas relevant to a broad and diverse audience of children. Books featured in the show include:
• “AMAZING GRACE” follows young Grace as she attempts to break stereotypes in an effort to play the title character in her school's production of Peter Pan.
• "BORREGUITA AND THE COYOTE" is the classic Mexican tale of a little lamb, or borreguita, who uses her wits to escape a hungry coyote.
• In “IF YOU GIVE A MOUSE A COOKIE,” a boy shares his snack with a hungry, demanding mouse, and learns a hilarious lesson about cause-and-effect.
• In "IMOGENE'S ANTLERS," young Imogene is delighted to wake up with "cool" antlers, but soon discovers that her parents and school principals do not share her enthusiasm.
• “MARTHA SPEAKS” is the adventurous tale of a family dog who literally becomes outspoken after dining on alphabet soup.
• Based on a Nigerian tall tale, “MASTER MAN” concerns a man whose muscles are as big as his ego, who earns his comeuppance when he claims to be the strongest man in the world.
• “MATH CURSE” playfully addresses the phobia some kids have when tackling seemingly difficult math problems.
• "OWEN" just can't bear to part with his beloved blanket, Fuzzy – a problem, since he is about to start kindergarten. Owen’s understanding mother provides a clever solution.
For more information on You Give A Mouse A Cookie & Other Story Books go to
Please join the CAM-PLEX Heritage Center staff for the presentation of If You Give A Mouse A
Cookie & Other Story Books on Wednesday, March 13, 2013 at 6:30 p.m. Due to generous grant funding and local sponsorships, tickets are only $6 for Adults, $4 for Youth/Senior/
Military. For more information, contact the CAM-PLEX Ticket Office at 307-682-8802 or visit
our website at www.cam-plex.com.