The Campbell County Fire Department responded to the following incidents: August 30, 2012
At 9:50 AM to 1808 Colorado for a report of a possible structure fire, upon arrival no smoke for fire was apparent. After a search of the house it was determined that the air filters to the HVAC were plugged and may have caused the blower motor to overheat. \
At 12:55 PM to Recluse Rd. for an 11 acre grass fire that was started by a cigarette thrown from a moving vehicle. The fire consumed 140 large hay bales (1500lbs each). Crews spent the night on the fire and will continue to make progress on this fire into Friday afternoon.
At 1:03 PM to the Montgomery Rd. for a smoke report, nothing found upon arrival.
At 1:23 PM to the Powder Basin Shopping Center for a 2” natural gas that was struck during construction. CCFD crews were able to clamp the leak and stop the flow of gas.
At 3:02 PM to North Garner Lake Rd. for a report of 9 grass fires along the road. The fires burned into two separate fires. The southern fire burned 431 acres, the north fire burned 362 acres. A total of about 10 structures were threatened, 5 outbuildings were destroyed along with parts of a wooden corral. No primary structures were lost. The Campbell County Fire Department is working with the Sheriff’s Office on determining a cause. Crews will be checking this fire on Friday morning to ensure all fire lines held. The Fire Department would like to thank Dry Fork Mine, Wyodak Mine, Paintbrush Services and everyone else who assisted in our suppression efforts!