KZMQ-FM Morning Team
Written by broebling on January 4, 2017
Job Title: KZMQ MORNING TEAM
KZMQ-FM 100.3 / 102.3 Heritage, Hot Country Station has an opening for a morning Team. We’re looking for talent to put on a show, not just an air-shift. The ideal candidate can easily connect with people on-air, in person and on social media. Individuals / Teams applying for this position must possess a strong work ethic, be a team player, be able to work within format parameters to maximize revenue success, and be able to relate to the lifestyle of the target audience. You should be a great story teller, understand the concept of forward momentum, be immersed in Country-culture, be active and forward thinking with social media and video, and have the ability to effectively tease and deliver on compelling content with great pacing and timing.
• Hosting a daily morning air shift, Duties include working closely with the Operations Manager to develop relatable content, execute format, and goals.
• Control board operation, including editing phone bits, interviews and other audio.
• Remotes and appearances at station or life group functions, as assigned.
• Work with sales and promotions to maximize revenue opportunities, including promotions and personal endorsements.
• Available as needed, including nights, weekends, etc., when required.
• Station event appearances as scheduled to include: station functions for the purpose of connecting with the listener, handing out station promotional items, directing listener questions at booth, assisting programming and promotions staff with giveaway execution and distribution.
• Commercial production shift during the course of each weekday, Monday through Friday.
• Attending station programming meetings, training (per request), and station staff meetings (as needed).
• Be available for scheduled air check review sessions for monitoring personality’s performance and coaching of on air presentation and techniques and suggestions.
• Miscellaneous other duties upon request.
• Strong on-air presence. Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience operating all on-air and production equipment.
• Experience with audio software editing products (Adobe Audition, etc.)
• Computer skills for audio delivery and automation systems (Audio Vault.), word processing, audio editing and web/social media.
Send your resume, a 3 minute air check, and salary requirements, along with a cover letter to: JJ Jeffrey Operations Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org. In the Subject line KZMQ MORNINGS!
Due to FCC Regulations your resume must include the job title that you are applying for and the organization that referred you to this job opportunity. Your application will not be considered without this information.
- Operation of radio automation software and hardware
- Entry level audio production
- Effective communication of station related promotional material on-air
- Voice tracking experience is a plus
- Saturday availability a must
- Must be tech savvy and adaptable
- Have a creative and idea generating mindset
- Entry level audio production skills a plus
- Previous radio experience not required, but helpful
- Self-starter capable of performing and handling stress, particularly during peak hours to meet deadlines
- Have proven record of dependability
- Consistently works hours required. Works more when required to meet deadlines including weekends, holidays, overnight, evenings, overtime, etc.
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Work in compliance with KZMQ’s policies and procedures
- Maintain a positive and cooperative rapport with staff, management, and clients
BIG HORN RADIO NETWORK IS AN EQUAL OPPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER