CCH to Host Brain Injury Support Group
Written by broebling on September 1, 2017
Press Release —Campbell County Health (CCH) Rehabilitation Services is hosting a new Brain Injury Support Group beginning Thursday, September 7, 2017. The group will meet on the first Thursday of the month from 6-8 pm in the First Floor Conference Room at The Legacy Living and Rehabilitation Center, 1000 S. Douglas Highway in Gillette, Wyoming. The support group is facilitated by Whitney White, CCH Speech, Language and Swallowing Pathologist.
People of all ages and their caregivers are welcome to attend. For questions, to register, or for more information, please contact Whitney White at email@example.com or 688.7163. Learn more at www.cchwyo.org/bisg.
Speech therapy utilizes many interventions aimed at improving the listening, speaking, reading, writing and swallowing skills in adults and children, and is an effective therapy for patient with brain injuries. Guest speakers and topics covered for the next five months include:
- September, Whitney: Introductions
- October, Dr. Romer Mosquera, Campbell County Medical Group Neurology and Pain: Understanding Brain Injury—The neurology of cerebrovascular accident (CVA) and other types of traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- November, Ryan Schrock, CCH Physical Therapist specializing in neurology: Keeping your Balance—Staying safe at home when balance is affected by brain injury
- December, Rita Van Norman, Social Worker: Caring for Caregivers—Split into caregiver and patient groups
- January, CCH Behavioral Health professional: New Year’s Resolutions—How to cope with stress and depression after brain injury