News from the Wyoming Department of Health
Written by Basinradio on June 28, 2019
Department Sets Listening Sessions in Gillette, Sundance, Newcastle
The Wyoming Department of Health (WDH) is inviting local clients, providers and residents to share thoughts and ideas on health-related issues and needs during structured listening sessions planned for Gillette, Sundance and Newcastle.
· The Gillette event will be July 16 from 9-11 a.m. at the Campbell County Public Library, which is located at 2101 S 4-J Road.
· The Sundance event will be July 17 from 1-2 p.m. at the Crook County Public Library, which is located at 414 E. Main Street.
· The Newcastle event will be July 18 from 1-2 p.m. at the Weston County Event Center, which is located at 24 Fairgrounds Road.
“These sessions are opportunities for us to hear from our department’s clients, local healthcare providers and community members about health-related issues,” said Michael Ceballos, WDH director.
“We want to know what’s working and what could be improved. A better understanding of local perspectives helps us make the most of our available resources,” he said.
The department expects to continue scheduling similar sessions in other Wyoming communities over the coming months.
Local residents who may be especially interested in attending include:
· Clients of various WDH programs
· Local area healthcare providers
· Community coalition members
· Anyone interested in Wyoming healthcare issues
For residents not able to attend a listening session, an online opportunity for comment is available at:healthcommunityvisits.wyo.gov.
More information about WDH and its programs can be found at https://health.wyo.gov.