A Message From The City Of Gillette Regarding Possible Snow Emergency
Written by Basinradio on October 9, 2019
From Red Flag Warning to potential snowstorm. Gotta love Wyoming.
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that we may be declaring a Level 1 Snow Emergency at some point tomorrow. We will keep an eye on the forecast from the National Weather Service and if there isn’t a significant decrease in the potential snow accumulation, we will go to a Level 1.
Remember, that means vehicles need to be removed from all Snow Emergency Routes 4 hours after a Level 1 Snow Emergency has been declared. Here are the designated Snow Emergency Routes:
1) 6th Street from Burma Avenue to Gillette Avenue.
2) 4th Street from 4-J Road to Gurley Avenue.
3) Gurley Avenue from 12th Street to 4th Street.
4) 4-J Road from 2nd Street to 8th Street.
5) Brooks – 2nd Street to Warlow.
6) 9th – Butler Spaeth to U. S. 59.
7) Foothills Blvd. – U.S. 14-16 to Echeta Road.
8) 7th Street – U.S. 59 to 4-J Road.
We’ll keep you posted.
Communications Manager Geno Palazzari